Saturday 20 September 2014

Back at my blog - with a new twist

Hey folks,
It's been a number of weeks since I blogged here. Sorry... not that anybody even noticed.... I'm settling into my new role as Sr Pastor after 30+ years in youth ministry. This is a very strange place to be.
I hope to pick up my weekly youth work blog beginning next week - but now it will come with a twist. I will begin to put down my thoughts about youth work from the perspective of the lead guy in the organization - and as a parent of teens. These should provide some different insights - - maybe even wisdom, as we look at working with kids on a daily basis.
I gotta say, it feels a little weird - like I'm sitting in the wrong office.

Organization, vision, direction, outcomes, life change, relationships, accountability, work hours, visibility, future, networking, training, caring for volunteers, staff meetings, wow - the list is long!

So next Saturday we will begin. Journey with me? See ya next weekend.
Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Dave. I am pumped that you will be contributing in this way.