Friday 28 February 2014

Take Ctrl

Lord, give me humility so I may not judge my worth by the number of friends I have on Facebook or the number of times people like or comment on my posts. 

Help me see that it doesn't matter how many followers I have on Twitter, and that it's truly okay if the number of people I am following is greater than the number of people following me. Give me creativity so my tweets are actually interesting to read, and not just what I'm going to eat for lunch or stating that I'm going to bed.

Grant me wisdom so that I won't correlate my self-esteem to the number of views my videos have on YouTube. Help me realize that it's okay if I get a few dislikes.  And help me differentiate the constructive comments from the destructive ones.

And lastly, whatever You do, please stop me if I ever decide to create a personal website.  I mean...come on...who has their own personal website?

Whoops...too late.

Amen.


Clayton Imoo is husband to Gail and father to sons Sean Isaiah and Jacob Isaac and daughter Kayla Marie.  He has served as the Director of the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver for the past ten years, helping parishes develop their own youth and young adult ministries.  When not doing ministry, Clay enjoys spending time with his family, playing music, playing sports, playing naptime, and writing blogs on topics such as family, faith, and the Vancouver Canucks.  Learn more about him at http://www.claytonimoo.com or follow him @claytonimoo     

No comments: