Sunday 2 February 2014

Meditation: A weird waste of time...

...or is it?  Are you feeling overworked, can't keep up with the pace, too much work? I love what I do, and I'm passionate about social justice, but the volume of work is draining. Check out this video from Ken Shigematsu, senior pastor of Tenth Church in Vancouver, BC for some life changing views that he gained during a deep spiritual journey.



Ken is an energetic and creative communicator who's outward energy is fed by a deeply contemplative personal life. He doesn't have any less crises then the rest of us, yet he's managing them a heck of a lot better. Before entering full-time ministry, he worked for the Sony Corporation in Tokyo. Ken is also the author of the bestseller God in My Everything. 

About me: I live a pretty simple life... trying to love God and treat others as good as myself... I epically fail at this but mercifully God loves me anyway... different cultures inspire me... the outdoors is my passion... I'm pursuing my MDIV / Masters in Counselling at Tyndale... I spent 22+ years in the skate / snowboard / entertainment / marketing / retail industry at the executive level... led the charge at West 49/Billabong for 12 of them... I've worked in youth ministry leadership roles for more years then I can count.. after many moons in the corporate world I switched to the dark side and am currently the Manager of Youth & Student Campaigns at World Vision Canada... but more then anything I love giving my heart to mentoring and helping youth! #lovelife #dreambig #keepitreal #socialjustice #jesusjustice I/T @cindymielke facebook.com/cindymielke

No comments: