Monday 16 December 2013

Youth Room: Part 2

Last weeks blog post (here) I asked a money question: If money was not an obstacle, what would be in your youth room?

That is a great conversation starter with other youth workers when you first meet them or even try it with your fellow youth worker team members. It is bound to start a great discussion with almost Christmas twinkle in their eyes.

As I thought about this question and even started asking other youth workers. Some of them laughed, some them had blank stares not heir faces, while others just shook their heads and said, “where to start?”

If money was not an obstacle for me, I would have just “ONE" thing in my youth room.

Youth workers.

That’s it! I would have the best available recruitment, training, and equipping system for youth workers anywhere. We would be a family of youth workers that ministered to the youth and the whole families.

Jeff Smyth is the worst youth worker. He has been involved in both the local church and non-profit areas of Canada for more than 15 years. Jeff lives in Toronto with his wife Heather and son Nathan.
Jeff online: TwitterFacebookLinkedInGoogle+

No comments: