Saturday 5 May 2012

The God Factor Part 2 (The Key To Their Heart)


I just wanted to say that you are one of the few people who connected with my daughters. How can I get my girls more involved with attending more of your classes. I want them to stay connected with you and get them involved in creative/spiritual expression that they are interested. 
-- Mom
I didn’t preach Jesus, there was no salvation message yet this was the response I received from one of the parents five days after the Girls conference. Out of respect for each girl’s privacy and not abusing my position, I will not go into details of what happened last Saturday. But I will say this, we had girls from all walks of life, and I witnessed even the toughest walls come down.
What did I learn?  God knows what tool or key will unlock the barriers surrounding each person's heart.  And He is wanting to assist us in healing even the toughest kids heart. Those keys are distributed in time spent with him. 

The week of the conference, I did the exact opposite of what I normally do. Instead of running around, wearing myself out, I stopped. I slowed down. I prayed and cried out to God for these girls. Two days before the conference I attended an all day prayer gathering. ALL DAY! What were the results? I was rested, my team was relaxed, and we were all at the right place at the right time the day of the Conference. All the results I desired to see, came to pass and more! Girls were weeping. The eyes of their hearts could see it was a lie that held them captive, forcing them to be someone they were not. But truth opened the door that led to their escape to freedom. I saw it, and read it in the evaluations.

There is a whole other level youth worker, that you have access to creating significant impact with less to do’s. Pray to the one who has the key to your students hearts so that parents, group homes, and teachers will take notice and say, “Very few have been able to connect with my kid the way that you have...I want them to stay connected with you.” And praise our father in heaven.
They were all amazed and praised God, exclaiming, “We’ve never seen anything like this before!” Mark 2:12b
                         
Youth Speaker, Writer and Founder of the Young Woman of Power Conference, Alison is Inspiring Teen Greatness with a focus on youth in the community. With 15 years of experience her mission is to raise up a Generation of Confident Youth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayer should indeed be the foundation of all that we are as youth workers, and flow into all that we do. Thanks for the reminder.

I appreciate your first comment: "I didn’t preach Jesus, there was no salvation message yet this was the response I received..." Too often we get fixated on the proclamation of the Gospel, and forget that it's the authenticity that should flow from us that really draws people to Jesus in us—whether they know it or not. That's incarnational living, to me... encouraging to hear stories where this is happening!

Blessings!