Friday 25 May 2012

What is a Disciple? Part 2

Let me clarify. Last week I posted about What is a Disciple? and I was blunt yet something was missing.

After some reflection and some honest conversations with Jesus I need to admit that my attitude was wrong. I was complaining about the problem yet unwilling to do something about it. That's right, I became "one of those people" that I dislike. You know the one's I mean.

So now I'm asking for your help. I need you to help me as I work through this. Are you in?

The best way for us to move forward is to ask some questions that might lead us to clarity and understanding.

QUESTIONS

  • Who do you know that has intentional discipleship/mentoring from a biblical Christian perspective happening in their youth ministry?
  • Should discipleship/mentoring be cross generational?
  • What's worked and what hasn't?
what other questions have you thought of that I'm missing?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this subject.

Jeff Smyth is husband to Heather and father of one active boy Nathan. He has been involved youth ministry for 15 years in both the local church and non-profit areas of Canada. He has been serving for the past 3 years as the coordinator of community initiatives with DOXAToronto.com the Scarborough arm of Youth Unlimited (Toronto YFC). Learn more about him by visiting ThinkYouthMinistry.com or follow him @jeffsmyth

No comments: