Sunday 8 July 2012

Spiritual Practice of the Week:  Busy?

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/30/the-busy-trap/

I read this post this week, I heard the author on CBC radio, i resonated.
I asked myself these questions:

1.  How often do I say that I am 'busy'?
2.  How have I chosen to fill my life and my days?  What kind of balance do I have when it comes to work and to leisure.
3.  If someone looked at my life would they see that building relationships is the top of the list on how I want to use my time?
4.  When I say 'i'm so busy' how does it serve me, what affirmation do I get when I cast those words out into the world?
5.  What's the call for me in all of this to live my life differently?

I invite you to read this article, and ask yourself these same questions.
Thanks Tim Kreider for the words you wrote. 


© This prayer practice and all of those on the Sunday Morning Blog Post can be found in:  "Go Deep: Spiritual Practices for Youth Ministry" Wood Lake Publishing
Doris is the Youth Director for the United Church of Canada in BC and the Director of World Pilgrim Awareness Travel.



No comments: