Friday 17 October 2014

Matt Maher - Because He Lives

Many readers of this site know that I'm friends with Christian songwriter and worship leader Matt Maher.  Mind you, we're not best friends, but we're friends nonetheless.  He answers my texts once in a while, so in my book, we're friends. :p

He's my favourite worship leader for many reasons.  Ever since I met him in 1995, I've been impressed by his talent, his faithfulness, and his humility.  He’s a brilliant musician, he’s an intelligent writer and storyteller, he has a profound understanding of church, he’s a lot of fun to be around, he’s Catholic, he’s Canadian, he’s been a long-time friend to both the Archdiocese of Vancouver and to me, and we’re the same age.

And I'm even mentioned in the liner notes in his "Empty and Beautiful" CD.  But I digress.

I'm pleased to share with you his brand new song called "Because He Lives".  It is a powerful anthem buoyed by a dynamic arrangement and affirming lyrics. 

Praise God for this inspiring song and inspiring man!



Clayton Imoo is husband to Gail and father to sons Sean Isaiah and Jacob Isaac and daughter Kayla Marie.  He has served as the Director of the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver for the past ten years, helping parishes develop their own youth and young adult ministries.  When not doing ministry, Clay enjoys spending time with his family, playing music, playing sports, playing naptime, and writing blogs on topics such as family, faith, and the Vancouver Canucks.  Learn more about him at http://www.claytonimoo.com or follow him @claytonimoo    

No comments: