Wednesday 22 October 2014

REVIVE US SERIES: Our World Is Changing Empower Your Students To Be Brave.

Our world is changing.  Due to the shooting on Parliament Hill and the Hit and run a few days ago Canada has changed. How are you doing? Are you at peace or feeling anxious about it all? How are your student’s dealing with it?  More importantly how are their friends and classmates processing this?
Jesus followers who have gone through tough times such as a death in the family, depression, miscarriage, or job loss you will overhear them at some point say out of bewilderment and a heart full of gratitude for their faith, “I don’t know how people get through it without Jesus.”

Again I ask, how are your student’s friends and families doing right now who don’t know that Jesus is Emmanuel?

Don’t shy away from messages on current events.
Your Junior Highs need to know that Jesus knew that things were going to get crazy. He knew that the terrorists were coming and so He a plan that involves them.

The Role of the Gospel.
Your students are a light in their school on their teams in their homes. They have a hope in Jesus, they need not be afraid because of Matthew 28:16-20

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

1. Teach Your Students to Pray in Jesus’ Name
All authority in heaven and on the earth has been given to me.
Because Jesus’ blood was shed on the cross AND he rose again, nothing is bigger or stronger than Jesus. All authority has been given to him. Jesus calls you and your students friends. The perk here is all that He learns He passes it on to His friends…us.

“You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” John 15:14-17

Your students can tap into Jesus and He will guide them and direct them even through the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit). When they pray for protection in Jesus’ name it will be done. They too can walk in the power of Christ. They do not need to be afraid. Youth worker YOU DON’T NEED TO BE AFRAID but pray about everything. Demonstrate to your students that they can be comforted in Jesus Name by praying over them as one with authority. Let them hear and experience the difference. I’ve watched people move from anxiousness to a being at peace and assured after I prayed believing that what I prayed would come to pass as I prayed in Jesus’ Name. That’s called the prayer of faith.  but I haven’t always prayed that way.

I was at my friend’s doctor’s appointment when she found out that she had cancer. As soon as we got into the car, she cried.
I was speechless. I cried too. Then I prayed for her. I seriously didn’t know what to pray so it came out as The Prayer of Hope. I hope that she doesn’t die, I hope that God will heal her, I hope that my prayers work!
After I prayed the deep seated fear in her and even in myself was still there! Why? Because it was the prayer of Hope.  We went to our church to meet with our pastor.  As we arrived, the anxiety was still there. My pastor came in through the doors and he said, “Tammy, you shall live and not die. With long life will He satisfy you.” There was a shift in the room. I believed him. He then began to pray but he didn’t pray the prayer of hope, he prayed the prayer of FAITH as mentioned in James 5. He spoke as one with authority. LoL like Jesus! I believed. My friend’s countenance changed and fear fled and their was clarity of mind. My pastor knew he had authority in Jesus’ Name to make a difference and a difference was made!

Youth Worker, do you believe that there is power in Jesus name when you pray? If not, get your face into the gospel books. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke or John with the eyes of your heart it starts with you knowing who Jesus is and the significance of you having a relationship with Him and what all that entails along the prayer of faith.

2. Empower Your Students To Be Bold Because Jesus is with them.
Jesus knew days like today would happen, when there would be so much uncertainty in our world. He knew we’d have trouble, but he said, “…take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
It does seem like the end is really near, but I smile comes to my face when Jesus whispers in my ear, “[Alison,] surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” He’s with me to the very end.
It is for this very reason we must go and make disciples, baptizing them, teaching them. We can be brave. Train and equip your students to pray with their friends. How to really pray, the prayer of faith and the power of Jesus’ Name. And to share this truth, this good news of Jesus with Canadians that are angry, anxious, and sleepless that they too can enjoy the peace that only Jesus can bring.



Youth Speaker & Founder of the Young Woman of Power (YWOP), Alison hosts conferences and develops programs that are designed to build the confidence of youth such as the YWOP PivotFWD workshop which she delivers in Calgary’s Youth Judicial System and the citywide Young Women of Power Conference. She considers herself to be a pastor to those who don’t want one or don’t know they need one. For more info or to book Alison as a speaker visit www.ywop.ca 

No comments: