Sunday 13 April 2014

Easter & Ethical Chocolate

Faithful one...
You are my rock in times of trouble, 
you lift me up when I fall down, 
All through the storm Your love is, the anchor. 
My hope is in CHOCOLATE alone.

Alright, so let's be real here, we all want to say Jesus but chocolate is right up there too, right? I know that's obviously NOT what Easter is about, but Easter weekend you are likely going to be eating or buying chocolate for someone; likely some purchases for a youth event too.

Well, you can you express #JesusJustice in your chocolate purchases!  

Where does your chocolate come from? 

Did you know that 95% of the world’s chocolate cannot be certified free from the use of forced, child or trafficked labour? Globally, more than 2 million children are involved in cocoa farming and harvesting


World Vision’s Help Wanted: End Child Slavery campaign is encouraging Canadian companies to commit to sourcing ethical cocoa for all of their products by 2020. Here's four ways you and your youth can participate:

1. Buy ethical cocoa products. Use the Good Chocolate Guide.

2. There’s an APP FOR THAT!  Download, share and shop away.

3. Help everyone learn more by having your youth be researchers for us. Ask your local chocolatier whether they source ethical cocoa or leave this pamphlet behind for them to read and respond to.

4. Find out more by reading this Cocoa and Child Labour Information Sheet.

About me: I live a pretty simple life... trying to love God and treat others as good as myself... I epically fail at this but mercifully God loves me anyway... different cultures inspire me... the outdoors is my passion... I'm pursuing my MDIV / Masters in Counselling at Tyndale... I spent 22+ years in the skate / snowboard / entertainment / marketing / retail industry at the executive level... led the charge at West 49/Billabong for 12 of them... I've worked in youth ministry leadership roles for more years then I can count.. after many moons in the corporate world I switched to the dark side and am currently the Manager of Youth & Student Campaigns at World Vision Canada... but more then anything I love giving my heart to mentoring and helping youth! #lovelife #dreambig #keepitreal #socialjustice #jesusjustice I/T @cindymielke  facebook.com/cindymielke

No comments: