Sunday 27 April 2014

Upsidedown Kingdom: Church leaders social justice tour featuring Shane Claiborne

Looking for some ways for you, as a leader, can get training on how to action #socialjustice as #Jesusjustice in your youth group? 
World Vision Canada is hosting afternoon church leader forums featuring published author and Christian activist Shane Claiborne, leader of Philadelphia community The Simple Way, and contributor to The Red Letter Christian blog and movement.
Shane speaks to the important matters of living and participating in community, advocating for justice, responding to the needs of the poor and being wise stewards of the rich resources that God has given us in this world.  He is highly respected by emerging younger leadership in churches and communities. 
World Vision Canada offers these opportunities as “give backs” to thank churches for their ongoing support of our ministry and their solidarity for those who live in poverty.
About me: I live a pretty simple life... trying to love God and treat others as good as myself... I epically fail at this but mercifully God loves me anyway... different cultures inspire me... the outdoors is my passion... I'm pursuing my MDIV / Masters in Counselling at Tyndale... I spent 22+ years in the skate / snowboard / entertainment / marketing / retail industry at the executive level... led the charge at West 49/Billabong for 12 of them... I've worked in youth ministry leadership roles for more years then I can count.. after many moons in the corporate world I switched to the dark side and am currently the Manager of Youth & Student Campaigns at World Vision Canada... but more then anything I love giving my heart to mentoring and helping youth! #lovelife #dreambig #keepitreal #socialjustice #jesusjustice I/T @cindymielke  facebook.com/cindymielke

No comments: