Saturday 24 March 2012

Detox Headache: Releasing the Toxin's of the Mind

I found it hard to focus on the court with this pulsating pain tormenting me from the eyes up. This wasn’t a normal headache, it was a DETOX headache. Yep, my body was revolting because it wasn’t getting its usual five cent candy feed. During a detox the toxins in your body are shown the way out, but during this process your muscles tighten causing headaches.

Week Two into this Egypt Detox: Releasing the Toxin’s of my mind, I am experiencing these mental headaches. My BlackBerry decided to take a dip in my glass of water. I thought I saved it! Made a couple calls and then later it died. I called on my miracle working God to save my Smartphone. I put my phone in a bed of rice for the day and then took the vacuum cleaner hose to it and sucked the water out (Youtube says this speeds up the process). The next morning, I powered it up and the green light lit up! I danced, but realized the charge wouldn’t hold. So I charged it over night and in the morning I discovered it short circuited and now it’s dead...Not mostly Dead... Really Dead.

I am currently using a friends old phone. OLD. With annoying rings, a multiple letter keypad. It can’t read my SIM Card because the memory is too small. It’ll cost me $339 to replace my phone which is money I do not have. My phone provider said, “We can order it for you today and just put it on your phone bill and you can pay it off later.” My head starts throbbing. Tempting. It’s so easy to take matters into my own hands. I could have a new phone right now through credit!

God’s been teaching me to expect from Him. I’ve been reading the story of Joseph and the main message is to Trust HIM! The principles I’ve been meditating on and what God has shown me and taught me the last couple of weeks are being challenged and It’s not just the phone, it is my friend and a family members health, it’s one of the teens who has been admitted to the mental health unit, its promoting and covering the costs for a girls conference I’m organizing.

We serve a God who wants us to walk into each day with specific expectations because He is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us. (Eph.3:30) It’s a faith challenge and experiment. I will not cave in and go back to doing things on my own strength. He is the I Can God.

Youth Worker, Your Maker likes you and He wants to meet and supersede your expectations this year personally, within the youth ministry and out in your community. Trust the detox process, don’t reach for the coffee or the sugar representing our old habits. The headaches are a result of our old thinking and actions being challenged. God’s is using the circumstances of life to release the old ways of thinking, liberating your body from responding to life as the rest of society deals with life. You are set apart for His holy purpose, trust the God of the universe, that your mind may be renewed through new experiences.

Alison is a professional Youth Speaker, Co-Writer of the HEROES 2 Curriculum and Founder of the Young Woman of Power Conference. Based out of Calgary Alison is Inspiring Teen Greatness with a focus on youth in the community. With 15 years of experience her mission is to raise up a Generation of Confident Youth.

http://www.inspiringteengreatness.com

No comments: