Wednesday 28 March 2012

Giving Back

I used the charitable-giving website, CHIMP, a few weeks ago to send a donation to the camp I spent every summer at as a kid. This camp, Gull Lake Baptist Camp, was so central to my development as a person and a Christian - it shaped me in the deepest and most meaningful ways during my most formative years. Most of my closest relationships to this day (including my wife) began at summer camp over 20 years ago. I am now sending my two boys to camp every summer because I know what a valuable experience it is for them on so many levels.

When given the opportunity to send a donation through CHIMP it didn't take long to know who I wanted to send the donation too - I love supporting Gull Lake Baptist Camp because I know they shape hundreds of lives every year.

What I like about giving through CHIMP is it's so easy to use and has so many features. One of the best features is being able to send money to a friend or family member for them to donate to the charity of their choice. We all have friends or family members who do things for us but refuse to accept money from us, like parents or grandparents. CHIMP allows us to say thank you by sending them a donation to pass onto whomever they'd like.

Check it out here!

No comments: