Saturday 10 March 2012

The Egypt Detox

God has put incredible skills in you. You sense it, but you don’t know how to get there. You know you have money making ideas that will advance God’s kingdom, concepts that will impact youth in the masses but you haven’t really done anything about it. Well you tried, or perhaps you are still in the process but the steps you are taking even the turtle is surpassing you! You’re working hard on getting all of your ducks in a row before you move forward. You were born to do great things, that’s why there is this dissidence in thought. You’re frustrated by the way you are living because you know you are capable of so much more!

What’s holding you back?

UNBELIEF. Not in God in YOU! Grrrr, I UNDERSTAND!!! You are not alone. It is time to Detox Egypt out of you. When I say Egypt, I’m referring to the Exodus, all the people Moses lead out of Egypt. Though they were free, they were still flinching anytime they heard the crack of a whip. It was that slavery mentality that held them back from entering into their PROMISE land.

Do you struggle with Feeling less than and not good enough, driven to perform to prove something?

Do you hear yourself saying, we don’t have the funds for that, I could never pull that off ?

Do your thoughts often default back to painful family history, your poor track record or negative past experiences?

Youth Worker, did you flinch at the sound of the whip? The devil doesn’t want you or the youth that surround you entering into the Promise. That Egypt (slavery) mentality is slowing you down!

You are innovative, filled with outside the box ideas, you have the ability and the reach to help those kids in the schools and in the community. Some of you have a book or curriculum in you that will help parents and educators. However, it’s these old thinking habits that can be hard to break. I too have been frustrated with me. But my eyes were open after the Whitney Houston Tragedy. Here is a woman, that we all could see was gifted, yet she doubted and questioned her greatness and at times succumbed to the taunting thought “I’m not good enough.” And then she died.

Youth Worker, that will not be you! This year, in 2012 my prayer for you is that you would know the depth of your influence and walk in it. That you would wage war with your thoughts and win! With God's help, that you would outlast your unbelief.

In order to get Egypt thinking out, you must Detox. There are a number of stats that say it takes anywhere between 21 to 28 days to start a new habit or change a belief system. This new study came out by the UK Health Behaviour Research Centre saying it takes 66 days for a new habit it to be engrained in your membrane where you don’t even think about it.

Join me on a journey of Detoxification “The Egypt Detox” where we will vigorously develop a new mentality for 66 days.

Step One: Find Time. You need time set aside to work on your thoughts. 15 minutes, 30 minutes whatever you can find.

I’ve already started. A couple of weeks ago I got rid of my television. All these programs are online, no longer to do I feel the pressure to have to watch a program every Thursday at 9pm. I can use that time for my thoughts, and when there is a dull moment, I can watch my show online any day of the week and I am less tempted to watch filler shows like Say Yes to the Dress. (I can’t explain the female fascination with this show)

I am serious about waging war on my thoughts and taking captive every thought and forcing them into submission making it obedient to God (2 Cor.10:5). I’m reading more and listening more, I’m working with God to rid myself of the old Egypt thoughts so I’m ready and able to walk in the year of the Promise Land.

Youth worker success is within reach, if you outlast your unbelief.

Hold on, it’s going to happen. God is with you. Step out this year, take big risks, no more waiting. There are students who have been waiting for your great reveal.

Let the Detox Begin.

(I want to hear from you. Share what you are doing to detoxify yourself. Where are you doing differently to find time. Pass it on. Your wins, are our Wins, Cause God Wins.)

Meditating Thougths

Little Risks = Little Rewards - Pastor Craig Buroker

If you are going to think, you might as well think big. – Donald Trump

If you have faith in me, you will do the things I have done and greater things will you do. - Jesus

No comments: