Sunday 5 January 2014

Awesome new resource on why youth leave the church

Before You Say Goodbye is an awesome new resource that came out late December that you and your sr. pastors will find very useful for helping your church understand why young people leave the church, and more importantly, how to get them back. 

Right from the beginning pages I was compelled to read on when challenged with the thought that Jesus' disciples were likely only between the ages of 14 to 21.


It’s a guide, related to the Hemorrhaging Faith research study, that's full of stories, advice, and answers to today’s top faith questions from Canadian youth and youth experts. It includes a free study guide that's being released in January so youth groups, families and churches can go through the material together. 

This book is being talked about as ‘the one book every Christian Youth and Young Adult needs to read.’ Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcLxEvaRPKw


It's also on promo for $6 before Jan 15th. Happy 2014 reading!

About me: I live a pretty simple life... trying to love God and treat others as good as myself... I epically fail at this but mercifully God loves me anyway... different cultures inspire me... the outdoors is my passion... I'm pursuing my MDIV / Masters in Counselling at Tyndale... I spent 22+ years in the skate / snowboard / entertainment / marketing / retail industry at the executive level... led the charge at West 49/Billabong for 12 of them... I've worked in youth ministry leadership roles for more years then I can count.. after many moons in the corporate world I switched to the dark side and am currently the Manager of Youth & Student Campaigns at World Vision Canada... but more then anything I love giving my heart to mentoring and helping youth! #lovelife #dreambig #keepitreal #socialjustice #jesusjustice I/T @cindymielke facebook.com/cindymielke

No comments: