Monday 20 January 2014

Manic Monday

OVERFLOW

Moses raised another objection to GOD: "Master, please, I don't talk well. I've never been good with words, neither before nor after you spoke to me. I stutter and stammer."

GOD said, "And who do you think made the human mouth? And who makes some mute, some deaf, some sighted, some blind? Isn't it I, GOD ? So, get going. I'll be right there with you—with your mouth! I'll be right there to teach you what to say.” - Exodus 4:10-12 (The Message)

Do you ever wonder why God chose you to work with teenagers? Have you questioned whether you have what it takes, whether or not you’re relevant enough to relate to them? By yourself, you’re not. With God, you are.

God wants the grace, love, and truth he poured into your life to overflow into their lives. On your own you are not
enough; with God’s grace you have way more than enough. With God’s help, Moses, who was not very good with words and who got tongue-tied, confronted Pharaoh and led the Israelites out of Egypt. If God can do all that, he can use you to share the great news of God’s love with teenagers.

Life Coaching
What concerns do you have about your ability to relate to teenagers?


How has God shown himself faithful to be more than enough fo your needs and the needs of your students?


Prayer
Lord, you made me and you know me better than I know myself. Fill me up until your love, your power, your grace, your truth, and your presence overflow through my life into the lives of students I work with. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Jeff Smyth was a youth pastor from 1996 - 2009 and is now working with Youth Unlimited (Toronto YFC). Jeff is married to Heather and they one of the most energetic boys in the world. Jeff is also a loyal fan cheering on the Blue Jays & Canadiens.
You can connect with Jeff online: Jeff Smyth BlogTwitterFacebookLinkedIn, Google+

No comments: