Sunday 16 March 2014

Please Host & Join the Syria Prayer Vigil: TODAY: March 16

Will you join us in praying for the children of Syria? 


Syria is entering a fourth year of conflict... a conflict that has split a nation, resulted in violence on a massive scale, and forced millions of children out of their homes. Please gather your youth and church and join us March 14-16 in praying that the children of Syria don't lose another year to bloodshed and suffering.


Why now?
  • 9.3 million people in Syria and 2.5 million Syrian refugees need urgent humanitarian help
  • More than 1 million children have had to flee their homes and their country, and now suffer as refugees in an unfamiliar environment.
  • Children are impoverished and lacking education. Many are forced into unsafe situations—including dangerous work—and are reeling from the violence they’ve witnessed.

How to hold a prayer vigil?
Here are some resources to help you mobilize a group, including a leader's guide, story cards, prayer bulletins, and more. Download them at http://bit.ly/prayforsyria


#NoLostGeneration #ChildrenofSyria #WithSyria 

About me: I live a pretty simple life... trying to love God and treat others as good as myself... I epically fail at this but mercifully God loves me anyway... different cultures inspire me... the outdoors is my passion... I'm pursuing my MDIV / Masters in Counselling at Tyndale... I spent 22+ years in the skate / snowboard / entertainment / marketing / retail industry at the executive level... led the charge at West 49/Billabong for 12 of them... I've worked in youth ministry leadership roles for more years then I can count.. after many moons in the corporate world I switched to the dark side and am currently the Manager of Youth & Student Campaigns at World Vision Canada... but more then anything I love giving my heart to mentoring and helping youth! #lovelife #dreambig #keepitreal #socialjustice #jesusjustice I/T @cindymielke  facebook.com/cindymielke

No comments: