Sunday 23 March 2014

World Water Day DIY Mason Jar

Yesterday was World Water Day.  A way to celebrate with your youth is to turn mason jars into fun, reusable water bottles!  Check out @LaurDIY 's Mason Jar DIY how to video

Water is a fundamental element for a healthy life. Not only do we have cute water bottles, but we have the ability to put clean water inside of them, whenever we want. In some areas around the world, water is limited. Children and their families walk for miles and are forced to spend hours each day collecting and carrying water. This water is deadly: often contaminated with bacteria and parasites, and tragically, hundreds die from consuming dirty water every year. And the worst part is that they have no choice, they must drink from the only water source they have – like we said, water is essential.



Mason Jar water bottles are more than cute: they are LIFE GIVING. By making an awesome DIY water bottle you are creating a conversation piece and raising your voice to fight global hunger, you are making sure that children and their families have access to food and water to lead happy and healthy lives. Hunger is one of the worst problems in the world, and we can do something about it.
About me: I live a pretty simple life... trying to love God and treat others as good as myself... I epically fail at this but mercifully God loves me anyway... different cultures inspire me... the outdoors is my passion... I'm pursuing my MDIV / Masters in Counselling at Tyndale... I spent 22+ years in the skate / snowboard / entertainment / marketing / retail industry at the executive level... led the charge at West 49/Billabong for 12 of them... I've worked in youth ministry leadership roles for more years then I can count.. after many moons in the corporate world I switched to the dark side and am currently the Manager of Youth & Student Campaigns at World Vision Canada... but more then anything I love giving my heart to mentoring and helping youth! #lovelife #dreambig #keepitreal #socialjustice #jesusjustice I/T @cindymielke  facebook.com/cindymielke

No comments: